Purchase orders represent an agreement with a vendor to purchase certain items at a certain price for delivery on a certain date. You can create a purchase order or receive a purchase order.
To create a new purchase order, follow the steps given below.
1. Navigate to Purchase > Purchase Orders > New.
The New Purchase Order dialog will be displayed.
2. Provide the following basic information of the purchase order:
Refers to the name of the vendor. Select the vendor from the drop down list.
Refers to the warehouse you will be shipping into. Select it from the drop down list.
Refers to the terms that will be defaulted according to Vendor’s default settings. Select the term specific to the vendor, from the drop down list.
Refers to the name of the representative. This is automatically filled.
Refers to the reference number related to the purchase order that is being created.
Refers to the date that will be defaulted to today’s date. You can also select the date from the calendar.
Refers to the Provider that will be your shipping option. You can choose FedEx, UPS or USPS. The available options are Federal Express, United Parcel Service and United States Postal Service.
Refers to the shipping service that will be utilized.
Fed Ex Standard Overnight
Refers to whether the product being purchased has a warranty associated to it. The available options are 30 Days, 60 Days, 90 Days, 6 Months, 1 Years, 2 Years, 3 Years and See Notes.
Refers to the date on which the purchase order was created.
Refers to the date on which the purchase order was issued.
Refers to the name of the person who confirms the purchase order.
Refers to the estimated delivery date of the purchase order.
Refers to the date on which the purchase order needs to be fulfilled.
Refers to the date on which the items on purchase order are to be shipped.
Refers to the date on which the items on the purchase order are to be delivered.
Refers to the notes specific to the order. This will be displayed when the purchase order is printed out.
Refers to the internal order that will be used for internal references.
Refers to whether you are charged or paying for shipping. If so, enter the shipping fee.
Refers to the item number of the product you will be purchasing.
Refers to the name of the manufacturer.
Refers to the condition of the product. The available options are New, Used, Repurchased, New-Open, Box, AS IS, Parts, Scrap, Testing and Required.
Refers to the quantity of the product.
Refers to the cost of the product.
3. Once the required details are provided, click Add.
4. You can also add more items by simply adding additional item rows.
5. Once all the details of the purchase order is entered, click Save & Approve.
The new purchase order will be added and you can review the purchase order you just added.
6. You can take print out of the purchase order provided to the vendor.
To take print out, navigate to Invoice tab.
7. Review the invoice and click Print. The Reporting Station dialog will be displayed.
8. In the Reports section, specify what you type of report you wish to print. Check the Purchase Order option to view the purchase order details. To view the purchase order summary, check the box in the Purchase Order summary option.
9. Select the options to include in the printed copy. You can include the order notes, internal comments or serial numbers by checking the appropriate box in the Options field. The available options are Print Order Notes, Print Internal Comments and Print Serial Numbers.
10. Select the orientation of the page, printer and the number of copies.
11. Click Download or Preview. The purchase order will be downloaded to your computer.
12. In the above example, we have printed a summary of purchase order. Click Close.
The purchase order must be confirmed in order to be received. Back on the purchase order page, observe the status of the purchase order as Awaiting Confirm. So the representative will have to confirm the order.
13. Click Confirm.
The message box asking you to confirm the changing of the order status will be displayed.
14. Click Yes. The status of order will be changed to Pending Delivery.
Now you can receive the items.
15. Check the box in the row of the item(s) you wish to receive.
16. Click Receive.
The Edit Item page will be displayed.
17. Most details of the item are automatically provided. Enter the details such as UID, Serial, Assign Location, Size, Grade and Defect.
Refers to the unique identifier. So you scan it or generate from order. This field is mandatory.
Refers to the serial number of the item.
Refers to the location to bring the product in.
Refers to the size of the item.
Refers to the defect details if any, of the item
18. Click Save.
The selected product will now be received. You can observe that the Status of the product is now changed to Received while the statuses of other products are still Pending.
19. If you want to bulk receive the products, click Receive All. The message box asking you to confirm the changing of the order status will be displayed.
20. Click Yes. All the products are received at one time and observe that the statuses of all the products are now changed to Received.