This tutorial shows you how to add a UPC (Universal Product Code) to an item that was already received.
1. Navigate to Inventory>Receive Inventory.
The Receive Inventory page will be displayed.
2. Select the item by checking the box in the row of the item.
3. Select the UPC from the Code drop down list.
4. Enter the UPC number in the Code field.
The message box asking you to confirm the adding of the code as it doesn’t belong to the selected model will be displayed.
5. Click Yes.
The Update Master Item dialog will be displayed.
6. The type of the code and the code will be displayed in the Type and Code field respectively.
7. Click ADD.
The UPC code will be added to the selected item.
8. Click Ok.
The UPC number will be added to the item.
You can enter the UPC code in the Code field in the Receive Inventory page.
The item associated with the UPC number will be displayed along with the Model and Manufacturer.