This tutorial shows you how to use the auto-generate feature for serial #'s and/or unique identifier #'s while receiving an item to inventory.
1. Navigate to Inventory > Receive Inventory.
The resale page for receiving an inventory will be displayed.
2. Type in the model number in the Model field. In the example here, DELL OPTIPLEX GX280 is entered.
3. In the Customer Name field, select the customer name from the drop down list. In the example here, Razor Demo Company is selected.
4. To auto-generate a unique identifier for the item, click Generate ( ) button in the Unique Identifier field. Note that the unique identifier is generated and it took the first two letters of the customer name and randomized alpha numeric code after that.
5. In a similar manner, auto-generate the Serial number.
You can generate a serial number if you have lost it or lost the label or if you simply cannot read the serial on the model.
So this is how you generate the Serial or UID for a receiving item.