This tutorial provides an in depth view on how to bring an item into the system and its options. It also shows how to make a master item.
1. Navigate to Inventory>Receive Inventory.
The Receive Inventory page will be displayed.
2. Enter the new item name in the Model field.
The message box asking you to confirm the creation of the new model will be displayed.
3. Click Yes.
The New Master Item dialog will be displayed.
4. Select the manufacturer of the model from the Manufacturer drop down list.
5. Enter the length, width, height and weight of the model in the Size/Weight section.
6. Navigate to Categories tab.
7. Select the Master Item Template by checking in the respective checkbox from the available lists of templates.
8. Click Ok.
You can view the name of manufacturer in the Manufacturer field.
9. Select the name of the customer from the Customer Name drop down list.
10. Click (Unique Identifier field to generate a new Unique Identifier.
) icon in the
11. Click (Serial field to generate a new Serial Number.
) icon in the
12. Select the condition of the item from the Condition drop down list.
13. Select the location of the warehouse that is to be assigned for the model from the Assign Location drop down list.
14. Select the grades from the Grade drop down list. The available options are A, A-, B, B+, B-, C, D and F.
15. Select the providers from the Service Provider drop down list.
16. Click Create & Clear.
The master item is created and the new inventory is successfully received.